Meditate that this entire universe all round upto its end limits, is part of Shiva. By meditating in this manner- the Great Awakening.Verse 57
How to do this technique
- Buddha used to say that a vehicle is body and wheels arranged in a particular way. A fist is fingers and hand arranged in a particular way. In the truest sense, a vehicle or a fist is not a separate entity. It is a temporary arrangement of certain parts.
- In the same way, the universe is not a separate entity in the absolute sense. It is an arrangement of God in a particular way.
- That is what this verse is saying to us here. Just as a fist is not a separate entity, but a temporary arrangement of fingers and hand – in the same way the universe and everything in it, is part of God. It is God arranged in a particular way.
- In the previous verse, one had to imagine the universe slowly dissolving into its pure state- into God. Using the fist example, that would be similar to watching the fist slowly opening. In the end, the fist is gone, and there is only fingers and hand in its original state. In this verse, one does not have to see the universe dissolving.
- One has to meditate on the universe as it currently is – as a part of God. God shaped or formed in a particular way. It is like seeing a fist for what it truly is – nothing but a particular arrangement of fingers and hand.
- Therefore, the universe does not exist as a separate entity. It is part of God. It is full of God. It is only God shaped in a particular way.
- So, sit and meditate on the universe. Visualize it not as a separate entity, but as a part of God, as a form of God. See it as being filled with God. See every part of the universe being filled with God. Just as air fills a pot and flows around it, imagine God filling the universe completely and flowing around it.