Visual Meditation Technique
(Eyes closed, See your inner being in detail – From Kashmir – Shaivism Vigyan Bhairav Tantra)
Eyes closed, See your inner being in detail thus see your true nature. This a simple yet very powerful passive meditation technique from Kashmir Shaivism – Vigyan Bhairav Tantra, Vigyan Bhairav Tantra is a 4500 year’s old one the most sacred text in Hinduism which consist of 112 meditation
techniques of enlightenment given by lord Shiva to Parvati. This technique is more for the visual people who see the world, or try understanding the
word through eyes.
Before practicing this technique, it is advisable to calm the body and mind so that the experience is good and fruitful. Any type of dance meditation & breathing meditation is the ideal one to be practiced before this meditation.
Preparation Stage Choice
Since it is not easy for many people to directly enter in passive meditation there can few options to prepare mind & body. Either you can do any type of yoga asanas or you can do first meditation technique from this book which Yogic Breathing Meditation or you can do active dance meditation.
(Dance Meditation for 10 Minutes)
It is very essential to warm up the body before doing Visual Meditation Technique, I will suggest you to put good dance music tracks and move your body freely with eyes closed, like if you are possessed with dance. Let your body take over completely. Try not controlling your movements and just being total in the dance. After ten minutes of dance slowly sit down and relax for 5 to 7 minutes. Then start Visual Meditation Technique. Once you do any meditation from above or any other meditation you like, in last stage when finish then in lying down in shavasana (corpse pose). Visual Meditation Technique is done in shavasana here you need to still your eyes between your two eyebrows completely, try not to move your eyes till it gets darker & darker. You need to stop all the movement in your eyes, you will start to see images of the external words, this are internal images of the external world. Still let your eyes be fixed like a stone or just blank. In few minutes you might be able to look yourself from inside, now you can move your consciousness throughout your body try see each part of your body one by one.
Meditation Tips Before We Get Started…
• It is essential to be in a comfortable and a relaxed position before beginning any meditation practice.
• The place chosen for meditation practice must be calm, quiet, have a free flow of air and must be free from any external disturbances.
• Sitting posture must be perfect for meditation. Neck should be straight, spine upright, and erect.
• Head should be straight like you are watching someone in front of you, this allows your mind to calm down.
• Keep eyes closed throughout, no strain should be felt in neck or facial muscles, also try to relax your shoulders, arms, and thighs before meditation.
How To Do This Meditation
• Lie down on your back in shavasana (corpse pose) on the ground.
• Keep your legs comfortably apart and perpendicular to the shoulders and let your toes face to the sides, and your knees relax completely starting from the tip of the toe.
• Keep eyes closed throughout, no strain should be felt in neck or facial muscles.
• Let your eyes be totally closed there should be no movement of your eyes.
• (as movement of eyes is a sign of looking at the pictures, images, things & memories of external world)
• Stop all the movement of your eyes, eyes must stay completely still, like a stone.
• Once eyes became completely still, now you can move your consciousness into your body by looking on to your body from inside.
• You will be able to move your consciousness limb by limbs, toe, feet’s, knees, thighs, belly, chest, hands, shoulders, head, see yourself in details.
• You might get very sensitive feeling while moving through each part of the body, that part will became more alive, looks at it with love & compassion.
• You can experience separation from the body as if you can look at your body you must be different from it. (as the observer cannot be observed)
• Continue doing this for 10 Minutes.
• Let go of the technique, slowly bring your hands & legs down and relax in Shavasana with complete silence with eyes closed. Just remain in silence
and don’t focus on anything in particular. Allow yourself to become aware and watch whatever is happening inside your body. Just relax and be a witness to experience. Continue this for around 7 to 10 minutes.